Plant Detectives Nursery & Garden Center in Chester, NJ is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate in the role of Operations Specialist. This all-encompassing role will include customer service, day-to-day operations, and managing a small team of workers to achieve daily goals. Click here to email to inquire.
- Assisting the Operations Manager in the day-today operations of the nursery
- Pulling orders and loading outgoing product for customer pick-ups and deliveries
- Tagging material with pricing
- Assisting the sales team with customer service
- Unloading of incoming products in a professional manner
- Managing a small team of workers to assist in these duties
- Operating a skid steer
- 1-2 Years of previous experience working with perennials, shrubs, and trees in the day-to-day operations of a nursery or garden center.
- Working knowledge of plant product including identification, culture, and handling practices
- Understanding and knowledge of good customer service practices
- Good communication skills
- Experience operating skid steer loaders
- Experience loading and unloading plant material in a professional manner
- Ability to work as team to achieve the daily goals of the nursery
- Ability to work in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Experience with irrigation systems a plus
Salary commensurate upon experience and there is tremendous potential to grow within our company. We offer Medical Benefits, 401K, profit sharing, and flexible savings account. Overtime paid for 40+ hours.
***We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law